King George V School is one of the oldest schools in Hong Kong. When the school first opened it was very different to the school students attend today. The first KGV School was built in a small building on Nathan Road in 1894. It was called Kowloon College. Then it changed its name to The Kowloon British School and then again to The Central British School. The first ‘proper’ school was opened in 1902. A rich Hong Kong businessman, called Sir Robert Hotung, paid for the building.